Position: Crisis/Case manager
The Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center is seeking applicants for a full-time case manager position (35 hours/week).
The Crisis Case Manager will provide a trauma informed response to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking; assessing immediate needs, safety planning and linking victims to other supportive services.
- Provide comprehensive crisis intervention and case management to victims of interpersonal violence
- Provide assessment and service plan for victims
- Assists and accompany victims to court legal appointments, health care, public assistance benefits, and social /community agencies if relative to client short, and long-term stabilization goals.
- Provide culturally competent, trauma informed services to victims/survivors of interpersonal violence
- Provide individualized safety planning for victims and their children
- Provide a Non-judgmental empathetic approach to assisting victims of interpersonal violence
- Assistance with basic needs and providing victims with knowledge of their rights
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working with victims of interpersonal violence.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent education/work experience
Hours: 35 hours/week. Schedule to be determined.
The Application Process:
- Resume and cover letter by November 8. 2019
- Initial interview with EBCC Manager of Advocacy Services
- Reference check
- Criminal background check
- Second interview may be requested
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter via email to:
Gina Scordino, Director of Advocacy Services at email@example.com